Al Hassan and Technicas Reunidas venture win gas plant contract

Gas plant-technicasA joint venture between Al Hassan Engineering and Spanish contractor Tecnicas Reunidas has won a US$106.3mn contract to build a new gas plant at Zauliyah for Petroleum Development Oman

The contract will involve building a modular-based gas plant on site, as well as some associated off-plot works.

Construction on the plant will begin next month and is expected to take three years to complete.

Al Hassan's share of the deal is expected to be worth around 70 per cent of the total contract, while oil and gas specialist Tecnicas Reunidas will pick up the remaining 30 per cent.

In a statement, Al Hassan said, "We expect reasonable income from this project."

Al Hassan has also been awarded a contract worth US$24.7mn by Oman Oil Company Exploration and Production for construction of export pipelines in Block 60 near Ibri.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?